What's Wrong with the World?

12.22.2006

Psalms 63 for a Nintendo 64



Wouldn't it be nice to be that excited about anything? Better yet, wouldn't it be nice to be that excited about our God. David understood the feelings that he should have for God. He expressed his understanding in the following verses.

Psalms 63:1-8(ESV)

"1O God, you are my God; earnestly I seek you; my soul thirsts for you; my flesh faints for you, as in a dry and weary landwhere there is no water. 2So I have looked upon you in the sactuary, beholding your power and glory. 3Because your steadfast love is better than life, my lips will praise you. 4So I will bless you as long as I live; in your name I will life up my hands. 5My soul will be satisfied as with fat and rich food, and my mout will praise ou with joyful lips, 6when I remember you upon my be, and meditate on you in the watches of the night; 7for you have been my help, and in the shadow of your wings I will sing for joy. 8My soul clings to you; your right hand upholds me."

As we have seen in the previous video, this child did not have to think about how to demonstrate his joy he had for his new toy. He just reacted. The weeks, if not months, of anticipation and thought he had stored up was ignited by the experience of seeing/possessing all that he desired. If we apply these principles demonstrated by this young boy and his sister to our Christian walk, our desire and worship for God might take on the characteristics of these kids opening presents on Christmas morning.

As we spend time with our families over the next couple of days, let us take note of the reactions of individuals that have just received the gift that they truly desire. Consider the gift that we ultimately desire and begin, if we haven't already, anticipating the daily worship of our Savior as if each day was our own personal Christmas.

P.S.

I would like to thank my good friend, Dave Scott, author of Kingdom of the Madness, for bringing this video clip to my attention.

Food for thought:

Matthew 18:1-4 (ESV)

"1At that time the disciples came to Jesus, saying, "Who is the greatest in the kingdom of heaven?" 2And calling to him a child, he put him in the midst of them 3and said, "Truly, I say to you, unless you turn and become like children, you will never enter the kingdom of heaven. 4Whoever humbles himself like this child is the greatest in the kingdom of heaven."


"
The instinct to worship is hardly less strong than the instinct to eat."

Dorothy Thompson


0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home